Subject: Life-history parameters
From: Eydfinn Magnussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:57:17 +0100

COMPARISON OF LIFE-HISTORY PARAMETERS
AMONG ECOSYSTEMS

Dear fish ecologist!

I am looking for references on life history parameters of fish
species in different ecosystem, especially growth and maturity.

I am working with fish species on a small ecosystem, called
Faroe Bank. Some of the species on this bank have shown very
high growth rate. To test if this is a general fact that all fish
species living on the Faroe Bank are fast growing, I have
estimate lift-history parameters for the most common fish species
on the bank. These parameters are the Von Bertalanffy growth
parameters (length and weight), age, length and weight at which
50 % of a species are mature. Additionally, Fulton condition-
factor and the exponent for the relationship between weight and
length have been estimated.

Now, I will compare theses parameters on these species living in
other ecosystems. If you are in possession of, ore know about,
such references, please let me hear from you.

Regard

Ey­finn Magnussen

       To leave the Fish-Sci list, Send blank message to:
        mailto:[log in to unmask]
 For information send INFO FISH-SCI to [log in to unmask]