Help for ESFO-L Archives

ESFO-L Archives

Subject: request
From: Nick Thieberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:46:45 +1000

Dear Colleagues,

I am a researcher working on the language of South Efate, Vanuatu for
my PhD. I also have an interest in the history of Efate and have
worked through records in Australian collections to develop an
ethnographic history.

I am planning a European trip and wonder if any of you could
recommend research institutions or archives and also suggest how to
search for material. I know that the British Colonial Office records
may be of use, but there must be equivalent French records, and also
Church archives.

Any information will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Nick Thieberger

--

Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
University of Melbourne

http://www.linguistics.unimelb.edu.au/people/postgrads/thieberger/ntcv.html