Subject: Re: SSH
From: Patrik Fältström <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:16:12 -0600

--On 2002-03-20 21.53 +0100 Simon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> True, openssh would probably be a good base for vendors to build from
> though. The license[1] shouldn't pose to many restriction, and Theo & co
> do have security as a primary goal, despite what the recent exploits may
> indicate.

As most people on this list already know, SSH exists as access mechanism to
for example Cisco routers. The SSH server requires you to have an IPSec
(DES or 3DES) encryption software image from Cisco IOS Release 12.1(1)T
downloaded on your router; the SSH client requires you to have an IPSec
(DES or 3DES) encryption software image from Cisco IOS Release 12.1(3)T
downloaded on your router.

Juniper also supports SSH, so I belive with Cisco and Juniper, most of the
market is covered -- and I would be surprised if not other routers vendors
also support SSH.

    paf