Subject: Re: SSH
From: John Angelmo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:32:14 +0100

Patrik Fältström wrote:
> --On 2002-03-20 21.53 +0100 Simon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>>True, openssh would probably be a good base for vendors to build from
>>though. The license[1] shouldn't pose to many restriction, and Theo & co
>>do have security as a primary goal, despite what the recent exploits may
>>indicate.
>

> As most people on this list already know, SSH exists as access mechanism to
> for example Cisco routers. The SSH server requires you to have an IPSec
> (DES or 3DES) encryption software image from Cisco IOS Release 12.1(1)T
> downloaded on your router; the SSH client requires you to have an IPSec
> (DES or 3DES) encryption software image from Cisco IOS Release 12.1(3)T
> downloaded on your router.
>
> Juniper also supports SSH, so I belive with Cisco and Juniper, most of the
> market is covered -- and I would be surprised if not other routers vendors
> also support SSH.
>
>     paf

Well

I'm not that familiar with the cisco.com website, but after surfing
around a bit I found this:
http://cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121relnt/7000/7x_121t.htm

  Platforms: Cisco 7200 series and Cisco 7500 series routers

Secure Shell (SSH) is a protocol that provides a secure, remote
connection to another router. There are currently two versions of SSH,
available, SSH, Version 1 and SSH Version 2. Only SSH, Version 1 is
implemented in Cisco IOS.

and there's a client there to:
http://cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t3/sshv1c.htm

but OK correct me if I'm wrong but isn't ssh1 a nono since it isn't as
"safe" as ssh v2?

/John