Subject: Re: Beer + Wlan
From: John Angelmo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:55:23 +0100

Patrik Fältström wrote:
> --On 2002-03-21 14.24 +0100 John Angelmo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>>If you run 128Bit wep and use the Wlan for management, well to get in
>>you need to sniff some gigs of data, so if you notice a big black car
>>with lots of antennas outside your office, then perhaps it's time to
>>change the WEP key ;)
>

> (1) You don't need lots of antennas (as you know) and not a black car
>
> (2) The day you start mixing / inheriting security on different layers in
> the stack with each other -- you have started going down a sloppery slope
> and changing direction is extremely difficult
>
>     paf

(1) you might need extra antennas go get enough signal, depends on the
position. A black car (or pink if you want it) must me use since you
need something to power your laptops for a few days.

(2) You are so right, the best way as I see it is to use kurtis solution
and a VPN to access it

(Notice I'm a total newbie when it comes to managing big solutions)

/John