Subject: Consumer Wlan
From: John Angelmo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:02:45 +0100

Hello

the Swedish Store On-Off had this weekend an ad for 802.11b equipment
directed to the lowend consumer market.

Here comes the problem, I love Wlan and I can manage it, what now happns
when ppl start ty buy 802.11b equipment putting it up at home with no
protection at all (wep isn't protection enough:)).
Now ppl might get drive by hacking/spamming and so on and they think
that their antivirus program will protect them from everything.

How can this be managed from the ISP, what kind of information can be
published, or perhaps this is something for the marketing department?

Kind Regards

John