Subject: Re: Call for papers
From: Huopio Kauto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:30:36 +0200

>Some apparent suggestions:

>* Inter-provider sanity filtering BCP.
>* DDoS attacks and how to cope with them.
>* Exchange point technology and operational experience.
>* Multicast -- what's happening?
>* Routing infrastructure security BCP.
>* Wireless networks -- update.
>* Community networks and ISPs -- how do they fit together?
>* IPv6 -- update.
>* New products -- vendor presentations.

Greetings from the CERT-FI,

Something to consider (no, this is not a promise to talk..)

* Inter-provider coordination on hunting down DDoS and other
address-spoofing
  nasties
..or perhaps even:
* Inter-provider coordination on operational network security issues
* Making our clients clueful on network security

I hope that NORDNOG will enforce the same practices as NANOG on
presentations:
that is ..
-no sales talk from general session podium (beer & gear -style is
appreciated ;) )
-all presentations are available after the meeting as PPT/PDF slides
-perhaps streaming video on major track, if feasible

--Kauto

Kauto Huopio
Information Security Adviser
Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority / CERT-FI
tel. +358-9-6966772, fax. +358-9-6966515
CERT-FI on-duty tel. +358-9-6966510