Subject: Re: IMAP server
From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:44:46 +0200

>> Anyone here that could recommend a IMAP server that supports Maildir
>> and actually follows the IMAP specification? Prerferably with SSL
>> support....
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> - kurtis -
>
> http://dovecot.procontrol.fi/
> Seems to have maildir support, just havn't had time to test it yet.

I have spent all night trying to get it to compile. to compile it
without SSL is no problem....with is worse because gnutls seems to have
broken Makefiles and wierd source files. So I hacked them as well, but
got stuck in a Makefile / compile problem I couldn't sort out...

Well, once I got it up without SSL it seems as it can't handle the lack
of a /etc/shadow on FreeBSD...so you can create your own database of
users, with seems to work. Then it crashed.

anyway.

- kurtis -