Subject: Re: Customer guide?
From: Rob Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:10:40 -0600

Hi, John.

] What I'm wondering now if ISPs could help their customers with guides
] how to block DoS attacks, it would be an easy/cheap way to protect

You might want to read the CERT/CC paper "Managing the Threat of
Denial-of-Service Attacks."  It offers practical advice on how to prepare
and respond to DDoS.  I quite like it, but I may be biased.  ;)  You will
find it here:

http://www.cert.org/archive/pdf/Managing_DoS.pdf

I hope this helps!

Thanks,