Subject: Re: IP limits from RIPE?
From: Kandra Nygards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:13:22 +0100

> Hello
> I was wondering what limits RIPE sets for the ISPs concerning
> IPadressing.

Have you read the relevant RIPE documents? =)

> For example Telia gives you only one adress via DHCP, if each customer
> got a /29 net instead we might not have the big problems we have with
> NAT today.
>
> Would this be possible?

Besides the fact that RIPE asks that each allocation should be justified
with a short or long-term need for those adresses, it's perfectly
possible. In a technical sense, that is.
I don't think most companies would be willing to cope with the extra
administrative hassle though. It's hard enough to get a profit from
private indivuduals as it is, adding additional administration into it
would easily eat up any profits that were left.

Best regards,
Kandra