Subject: Re: IP limits from RIPE?
From: Carl Moberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:38:10 +0100

John Angelmo wrote:

> Carl Moberg wrote:

 This discussion is dangerously close to OT. Let's
 take it offline lest we bore the rest of the list.

>> > ROI isn't added with the VLAS ;)
>>
>> It is actually.
>
> But why would you then need to let the users login since you already
> know from what phoneline the user comes from...

  Statistically, there are more than one physical person behind every
  phoneline (understatement). It would be extremely bad design to
  identify the end-user by the way he/she connects to the network.

>> No, this is how you *remove* all possibilities of ROI. Which company
>> do you think have made the most revenue out of the Internet; Telia
>> or Yahoo!. Which company do you think have invested more?
>
> Telia, but correct me if I'm wrong but isn't telia loosing money in the
> ADSL market?

 I don't know, but I expect them to, based on their price of their
 service.

>> Is that a problem related to HTML-mail clients or Telia?
>

> It's related to Telia since the users gets kicked out by a simple mail.

 This might be a case of wordplay, but the user actually kicks him/herself
 out by allowing the MUA to act on its own.

[...]

-- calle