Subject: Re: IP limits from RIPE?
From: Martin Back <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:42:11 +0100

 Simon wrote on Dec 04, 2002 at 03:06:37 PM:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 02:38:48PM +0100, John Angelmo wrote:
> > Carl Moberg wrote:
> > > Is that a problem related to HTML-mail clients or Telia?
> >

> > It's related to Telia since the users gets kicked out by a simple mail.
>
> Not a simple mail, HTML-mail.
> HTML-mail is evil.
> If people are stupid enough to use email-clients that make outbound
> connections based on the content of an email message that's their
> responsibility, not telias.

Well, you just managed to insult most people (using email at all that
is) in the world, probarbly including a lot of people on this list... :)
I don't recall seeing any statistics on what email client users are
running, but I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that most of them run
Microsoft Outlook [ |Express], of the same reason they are running
Internet Explorer... it's free, it works and just about anyone can help
them if they are having a problem with it.

It's not a problem because people are stupid enough to use Outlook...
it's a problem because Microsoft has implemented stupid features into
their applications. IMHO. :)

./m