Subject: Re: IP limits from RIPE?
From: Patrik Fältström <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:48:42 +0100

On onsdag, dec 4, 2002, at 15:42 Europe/Stockholm, Martin Back wrote:

> It's not a problem because people are stupid enough to use Outlook...
> it's a problem because Microsoft has implemented stupid features into
> their applications. IMHO. :)

Well, I think (a) large companies (like Cisco which pays my salary) (b)
large governments (like all governments) etc make a BIG MISTAKE by not
buying software using an RFP which have certain requirements. Like the
fact that email must work. The software MUST follow the available RFC's
etc. If the software doesn't fulfill the requirements, the software
should not be acquired.

Now, Outlook client and the exchange server does NOT follow the SMTP
specification, but companies and governments still buy them. As long as
people buy them, why should Microsoft make them better? People
obviously is happy to pay for what is developed?

No, we live in a market economy so you can not only blame Microsoft for
crappy products.

     paf