Subject: Re: IP limits from RIPE?
From: Bengt Gördén <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 14 Dec 2002 11:27:04 +0100

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 05:30:08PM +0100, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
> >When people start gathering in angry mobs on the streets because their
> >adsl connection costs more than 250 SEK/month there's a problem imho.
> >People need to realize that providing these services actually costs
> >

> The problem with the swedish broadband pricing is that there was a
> market expectation set by people who knew more about the price of a
> monthly busticket than they knew about building networks and the
> associated costs.

To be frank. I have never seen any figures about this. What are the
actual cost for doing IP on ADSL to the home? I'm sure there are a
lot of things to consider here. Hardware, software, amount of people
working with it and so forth. Anybody here that are familiar with
this?

PS. First time I heard about the price for broadband to the home and
comparing that with the cost of a monthly bus ticket it was Peter
Löthberg in 1997. I'm not sure he knows more about bus tickets than
networks.  :-) DS.

- KTHNOC/SUNET/NORDUnet | http://www.sunet.se/~bengan | 08-7906586 -