Subject: Re: IP-tel
From: Rasmus Aveskogh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:01:43 +0100

Well, "some" operators have already realized that.. ;-]
Although we're not using VoIP, voice-traffic (both customer<->customer
and customer->PSTN) is trasmitted via IP (TDM muxed over IP).

Traditionally the "IP folks" and "PSTN folks" are somewhat seperated
both in organization and religion (packets/circuits) and I think there
has to be some bridge-building between the two camps in order to
realize true operator<->operator VoIP.
And what will force that kind of action? Exactly as you say: business
cases affecting company management.

-ra