Subject: Re: IP-tel
From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:21:29 +0100

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Jonas Stenling wrote:

> Yes, but what about denial of service attacks aimed at increasing the bill
> for a specific customer? How do you solve that problem?

95% percentile billing?

In addition, I know cable broadband operators that have usage limits on
their customers, say 2 gig per month for their cheapest service. They
provide customers with a windows based tool that measures network traffic
locally on the PC and let users keep track of this themselves. I have
family which have downloaded this and installed it and understands
exactly how to use it etc. People have no problems understanding usage
billing, only reason of current situation is that they have not had usage
based billing on their DSL and ethernets (not most of them anyway).

As we reach higher access-speeds I feel that there is definately room for
a usage based high-speed service, for instance for ethernet users.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [log in to unmask]