Subject: Re: IP-tel
From: Ragnar Lonn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:27:19 +0100

I think Patrik's suggestion does just that - it uses billing classes and
restricts movement from one class to another so that it can't happen too
fast. This means that a user will be warned well in advance before
receiving any astronomical bills. I don't think an attacker will find it
worthwhile to spew traffic at someone for months just to increase his/her
monthly bill and if they should, there will be plenty of time and
opportunity to apprehend the originator and/or filter/block the traffic.

  /Ragnar