Subject: Re: IP-tel
From: Jonas Stenling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:31:55 +0100

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Ragnar Lonn wrote:

> I think Patrik's suggestion does just that - it uses billing classes and
> restricts movement from one class to another so that it can't happen too
> fast. This means that a user will be warned well in advance before
> receiving any astronomical bills. I don't think an attacker will find it
> worthwhile to spew traffic at someone for months just to increase his/her
> monthly bill and if they should, there will be plenty of time and
> opportunity to apprehend the originator and/or filter/block the traffic.

At least here in Sweden there is a technical problem as well since
Skanova's service architecture for its DSL service can't handle (for
example) traffic shaping of customers. I guess metering would work, but
you want as many options as possible.

--
Visit: http://www.stenling.nu/contact.html for contact info.
EOF