Subject: Re: IP-tel
From: Patrik Fältström <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:47:13 +0100

On fredag, jan 24, 2003, at 10:35 Europe/Stockholm, Ragnar Lonn wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
>
>> As we reach higher access-speeds I feel that there is definately room
>> for
>> a usage based high-speed service, for instance for ethernet users.
>
> Yes, yes!  Tell me when and where I can buy it. I want it both for my
> company and at home.

I especially think about ethernet users, and other kind of access
mechanisms where the installation (fixed price) is basically the same
for 1Mbps and 100Mbps. NOT installing 100Mbps in that case is stupid.
It is destruction of available resources.

I think a customer which uses 10kByte/month don't mind getting it at
100Mbps instead of 1Mbps. :-)

Traffic shaping should be possible by plain rate limiting and local
queue policy at the customer interface.

    paf