Subject: Re: IP-tel
From: Bengt Gördén <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:34:07 +0100

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 01:13:54PM +0100, Ragnar Lonn wrote:
> Somehow I didn't get Bengt's message quoted below but I'll comment
> both messages below.
>
> Investing in a network is, AFAIK, done continually. You replace and
> upgrade, lay out new cables also. People want more bandwidth to more
> places.

The minor (as I understand you) upgrades are usually already
calculated with during the initial investment. There's no secret that
if you let customer use the net as they feel the increase in usage of
bandwidth are doubling every 9-12 month. The network is calculated to
have a life cycle and after that you invest in a new one. You could
call it an upgrade but that is probably just debating how to define
new or upgrade.

- KTHNOC/SUNET/NORDUnet | http://www.sunet.se/~bengan | 08-7906586 -