Subject: Re: IP-tel
From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:26:51 +0100

> If the peeringpoins are choked what would happend and what would the
> user pay for traffic between providers?

With around 40% of BGP convergence scenarios taking 2-4 minutes, I
think we have other problems. We and Qwest tried to terminate Qwest
International calls to Europe over voice while I was at KQ trying to
figure out a way to get the traffic from Qwests AS to our AS without
the risk. It's almost impossible.

We need a new inter-AS routing protocol.

- kurtis -