Subject: Re: IP-tel
From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:09:30 +0100

> and what about streaming services?

You do this over multicast and therefor you can separate the traffic on
(src, dst).

> to me, the volume based charging scheme looks like a shortsighted
> solution --  to protect networks now. but if the flat-rate business
> models have proven not to hold, then in order not to impede innovation
> on the 'net, a more flexible charging architecture might be needed.

So when will you launch flat-rate voice? I am waiting.

For some reason I find it funny that companies are having different
charging schemes for different services over the same network with the
motivation that the the two services have a different cost base. Why is
the STM-1 with voice in the Telia network possible to charge for with
useagebased and the IP STM-1 not?

- kurtis -