Subject: Re: IP-tel
From: Ragnar Lonn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:53:41 +0100

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

> So when will you launch flat-rate voice? I am waiting.
>
> For some reason I find it funny that companies are having different
> charging schemes for different services over the same network with the
> motivation that the the two services have a different cost base. Why is
> the STM-1 with voice in the Telia network possible to charge for with
> useagebased and the IP STM-1 not?

Hear, hear. I'm getting more convinced by the minute that the choice
not to adopt usage-based billing is just because people *don't know*
what will happen and they're scared to be the first to try it.

Plus the fact that they need to come up with a way of actually doing
it (aggregate the billing data) of course.

  /Ragnar