Subject: Re: IP-tel
From: Patrik Fältström <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:01:30 +0100

On måndag, feb 3, 2003, at 17:31 Europe/Stockholm, Kurt Erik Lindqvist
wrote:

>>> So when will you launch flat-rate voice? I am waiting.
>>
>> why would you want that? you think it would be cheaper?
>>

> If we follow the IP model - yes.

Flat fee is only cheaper than volume based for the people which use
above average. For the rest, it is more expensive.

The argument for flat fee is that you _know_ as a user what sum you
will get on the invoice next time you get one.

This is why prepaid cellphone is so popular. You pay only what you use,
and you know how much it will cost.

Because of this, prepaid, volume based IP is what I think could be a
slam-dunk.

But, as Kurtis mentioned, voice today is not only volume based, it also
has a distance component, and I think that does not make any sense. It
confuses the one which pays, and make it more difficult to compare two
competitive providers.

    paf