Subject: Re: RIPE down - DDoS confirmed
From: Michael Hallgren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 2 Mar 2003 12:13:01 +0100

> On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Michael Hallgren wrote:
>
> > So, you proxy modulo time then. Thoug I think your approach is
> thoughtful, I
> > feel
> > it would be even more fortunate to attempt "social engineering"... (?) I
> > mean,
> > rather have/help the "guilty" neighbor add relevant object, than proxy
> > patching (?)
>
> Well, you assume my "neighbor" is the guilty party.

No, not really, often far further down the path.

> It might be far
> downstream from my neigh (which of course might be considered a
> fault of my
> neigh even if not the origing of it), and I'm not sure that helping all
> those are feasible.

Distributing responsability down along the path, as is/should responsability
of assuring reasonable accept at moment of prefix import. The closer to the
root of the "problem",.. etc, etc.

By the way, I do see some rationale in proxying (the way you do).

Just that I'd even more appreciate seeing originating parties participating
in the project (or future replacement) -- so help/info distributed down the
path. Utopia?

Cheers,

mh