Subject: Re: RIPE down - DDoS confirmed
From: Niclas Comstedt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:37:08 -0700

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Michael Hallgren wrote:

> Finally, out of curiosity, how do most people (among those who actually)
> filter
> commonly handle prefixes with multiple origin?

We we will end up accepting it if there is one route object with the origin
of the expanded customer policy. So we match on ASes from the expanded
policy. So multiple doesn't matter in that direction.

The only "funny" thing we do is in the case where there is no route object,
in those cases our robot registers one for that prefix and that origin (and
removed it if goes away for 30 days from our announced routes). So this
would happen if the customer specified a RS as an import policy and no
matching route object existed, or the route object existed for AS X (which
was in his policy so we accept the prefix) but once we accept it it is
really origin AS Y, in which case we make another route object with origin
Y.

/nco