Help for ET-W5 Archives

ET-W5 Archives

Subject: website - changes
From: Jacky Foo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:26:32 +0100

The Department of Biotechnology (Royal Inst of Technology, Stockholm)
has a new web server. IOBB homepage is now
http://webber.biotech.kth.se/iobb/

If you had difficulties in the past 2 days or found information on the
forthcoming e-seminar missing on the web, it was because of the move to
its new webserver.

Please find new information on forthcoming e-seminars in
http://webber.biotech.kth.se/iobb/activities.html

IOBB is starting a series of e-seminars will introduce you to a variety
of approaches and technologies to solve problems.   We will start with
the problem of managing "putrescent wastes" and Dr. Paul Olivier will
tell you how he is using insect larvae to consume and convert wastes
into protein, instead of dumping them in landfills. Paul provides 90
slides for you to view and will welcome questions between 1-13 March.
Goto http://webber.biotech.kth.se/iobb/news/e-sem-03.html to get more
information.

The next e-seminar starts on 15th March and concerns "Plant
biotechnology in the 21st century: the challenges ahead". It deals with
methods to modify and create plants that can yield more food, resist the
attack of insects, grow with less water, and produce designer products
such as seedless fruits. In 2050, we may have just 0.15 ha / capita to
grow our food. How can we grow enough food to feed ourselves ?  Join
Prof. Arie Altman from the Otto Warburg Center for Agricultural
Biotechnology (Israel) to learn about the biotechnologies used and the
issues related to new products. Goto
http://webber.biotech.kth.se/iobb/news/e-sem-01.html

You will find these e-seminars educational.

Regards
Jacky E.L. Foo, Chairman,
IOBB (Intl Org for Biotechnology and Bioengineering)
Web: http://segate.sunet.se/archives/et-w5.html

P.S.
Please forward this information to a friend. Thank you.