Help for ET-W5 Archives

ET-W5 Archives

Subject: Welcome to IOBB 2004
From: Jacky Foo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:17:11 +0100

Welcome to the IOBB list for News and Announcements
and
thank you for your interest in the International Organization for
Biotechnology and Bioengineering.

Since the official announcement a few days ago on my appointment as
chairman of IOBB, I have created a temporary website
(http://www.bostream.nu/jfoo/iobb) and a few electronic mailing lists to
provide some background and current information about IOBB, as well as
to facilitate my communication by email. By next month, I wish to see
appointments of representatives into the IOBB organizational structure
and working groups and to  make some changes in the statutes (by-laws)
for simple procedures and mechanisms that can create self-organizing
"platforms" to welcome ideas/initiatives and their implementation.

Here are a few items that calls for your attention and invites your
involvement.

(1) Self-Nominations as national representative(s).
Please volunteer if you are already involved in organizing local and
national activities. A regional representative(s) will be selected from
national reps. (see http://www.bostream.nu/jfoo/iobb/org.html) and then
the members of the executive committee. So this is an important "point
of entry".

(2) Working Groups
Please propose new working groups and volunteer yourself into the
management groups. (see http://www.bostream.nu/jfoo/iobb/org.html#wg).
There is currently no funding from IOBB for proposed activities from
working groups, so we need to be initiative in seeking for funds or
implement them with volunteers . Web space and mailing lists will be
available.

(3) IOBB Members 2004
Your name will be listed in the list of IOBB members (2004). Please take
a look at
http://www.bostream.nu/jfoo/iobb/member-2004.html . Kindly
provide/correct missing info e.g. url links for your "name" to your
profile/CV, to your department/organization and max 3-4 words on your
expertise or title. If you donít have a webpage for your profile, IOBB
can create and maintain a "one-screen" web page if you pay your
membership fee.

(4) Setting up IOBB 2004
I have created a mailing list to receive suggestions on how to improve
IOBB and what we can do to keep it active. If you wish to join this
group, please send me ([log in to unmask]) an email with some
background information about yourself (e.g. experience in
creation/management of organizations, organizing activitives). Please
anticipate heavy email exchanges.

regards
Jacky E.L. Foo ([log in to unmask])
Chairman, IOBB