Subject: Vertebrate Zoologist needed at Western Carolina University
From: "Thomas H. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:34:44 -0500

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
If you reply to this message, it will go to all FISH-SCI members.
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

The faculty of the Department of Biology at Western Carolina University invites applications for a tenure-track/tenured faculty position.  We seek broadly trained teacher/scholars who will help shape the development of a new initiative in Ecology and Biodiversity commencing at Western Carolina University to take full advantage of the opportunities presented by one of the most biologically diverse regions in North America; the southern Appalachian highlands of western North Carolina.  Near campus, the Wolf Creek Biological Preserve, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Pisgah and Nantahala National Forests, Coweeta Hydrologic Laboratory, and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, as well as the Little Tennessee, French Broad, and Tuckaseegee River systems provide extraordinary outdoor laboratories which support student course work and research.  While specific area(s) of research interest are open, we hope to fill the position with an individual with expertise in some aspect of vertebrate diversity and/or ecology.  The successful candidate will have access to excellent facilities for research and teaching, including one of the nation?s premier inter-institutional field stations: the Highlands Biological Station.  Teaching responsibilities will include development of courses in the candidate?s specialties and participation in the department?s core curriculum.

Qualified candidates at ALL academic ranks will be considered.  A Ph.D. in the life sciences is required; and an active externally funded research program involving undergraduate and master?s students is expected.  Please send a letter of application, CV, a statement of teaching and research interests, and contact information for 3-4 persons from whom we may request reference letters to:

Vertebrate Zoology Search Chair
Biology Department
132 Natural Sciences Building
Western Carolina University
Cullowhee, NC  28723

Email inquiries should be directed to Tom Martin at [log in to unmask]  For full consideration, please apply by June 15, 2005. Position is open until filled. Western Carolina University is committed to equal employment opportunity.

       To leave the Fish-Sci list, Send blank message to:
        mailto:[log in to unmask]
      Need help? Contact  [log in to unmask]