Subject: Wtrlt: EIFAC Symposium 2006: "Hydropower, Flood Control and Water Abstraction: Implications for Fish and F
From: Stefan Schmutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:01:18 +0200

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
If you reply to this message, it will go to all FISH-SCI members.
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

Conference announcement

EIFAC Symposium  on "Hydropower, Flood Control and Water Abstraction: Implications for Fish and Fisheries" in Austria, Mondsee, 14-17 June 2006.

Please distribute, through your channels, this Announcement as widely as possible.
-----

The Symposium is intended to attract environmental and fishery scientists, those involved in policy- and decision-making on the allocation of water, engineers and representatives of the water and power generating industries.
Written contributions and presentations are sought from the Member Countries of EIFAC, other international and stakeholder organisations, and other countries with experience and interest in these problems.

Anyone wishing to present a paper or display a poster should submit soonest a
title to Gerd  Marmulla, Technical Secretary of EIFAC Sub-Commission I
Biology and Management, Fishery Resources Division, FAO, Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, 00100 Rome, Italy, e-mail [log in to unmask] , fax (+39) 06 5705 3020

or to the Convener of the Symposium,

Dr. Robin Welcomme, Long Barn,Stoke by Clare, Suffolk, UK, CO10 8HJ, e-mail [log in to unmask] , tel. 00441787277354,

Papers will be accepted in English or French, the official languages of
EIFAC, but no interpretation will be provided at the Symposium. An abstract, not to exceed 150 words, of the proposed contribution should be submitted, preferably by e-mail, by 30 June 2005. The Steering Committee will review all abstracts in relation to the objectives and themes of the Symposium and the authors will be informed of the outcome by 30 September 2005. Notified authors must submit a draft manuscript not later than 15 March 2006. It is intended to publish the Proceedings of the Symposium either as a stand-alone
book or in a scientific journal in cooperation with the publisher Springer.

Please note, and point out to others, the set deadlines.

In advance, thank you for your kind cooperation.

Best regards,

Gerd Marmulla
EIFAC Secretary ad interim
Inland Water Resources and Aquaculture Service
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO/UN)
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, I - 00100 Rome, Italy
Tel.: ++ 39 06 5705 2944
Fax: ++ 39 06 5705 3020
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Please visit the FAO web site at: www.fao.org

The website of the Fisheries Department is:

http://www.fao.org/fi/default.asp
http://www.fao.org/fi/debut.asp
http://www.fao.org/fi/inicio.asp

Stefan SCHMUTZ

Institut für Hydrobiologie und Gewässermanagement
Department Wasser - Atmosphäre - Umwelt
BOKU - Universität für Bodenkultur Wien

Institute of HYDROBIOLOGY and AQUATIC ECOSYSTEM MANAGEMENT
Department of WATER, ATMOSPHERE and ENVIRONMENT
BOKU - UNIVERSITY of NATURAL RESOURCES and APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES

Max Emanuel-Strasse 17, 1180 Vienna, Austria
phone: 43-1-47654-5202, fax: 43-1-47654-5217
http://www.boku.ac.at/hfa

       To leave the Fish-Sci list, Send blank message to:
        mailto:[log in to unmask]
 For information send INFO FISH-SCI to [log in to unmask]