Help for EVN-NREN Archives

EVN-NREN Archives

Subject: Upcoming eVLBI tests
From: Arpad Szomoru <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:31:51 +0200

Hi all. On Tuesday the 28th of June we will do a test involving 6
telescopes (Onsala, Arecibo, Jodrell Bank, Cambridge, Westerbork and
Torun), which will serve as a dress rehearsal for a demo at the EC PR
event in Dwingeloo on the 7th of July. Data transfer will start at 11 UT
and will be 32Mbps, extremely modest. After the rehearsal, which should
last some two hours, we will continue with only the European telescopes
and try to go for higher data rates, 128 and 256 Mbps.
The PR event on the 7th of July will also be low data rate, with only 4
European telescopes and possibly also Arecibo. That demo will start at
6.15UT (if plans don't change in the meantime) and also last about two
hours.
Cheers, Arpad