Help for MIGRATION Archives

MIGRATION Archives

Subject: Conference: *Roma Diplomacy: A Challenge for European Institutions?*
From: Miguel Benito <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:50:35 +0100

Postad till migrationslistan genom Immigrant-institutet
http://www.immi.se

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is our pleasure to invite you to the International Conference: "Roma Diplomacy:  A Challenge for European Institutions?" hosted by the European Parliament and opened by the President of the European Parliament, Mr Josep Borrell. The conference will take place on December 8 and 9, 2005, bringing together MEPs, diplomats, representatives of the OSCE and the Council of Europe, Roma activists and academics.

The conference will focus on the existing and planned positive initiatives of the institutions involved. We believe that the successful work of the European Parliament, the European Commission, Council of Europe, OSCE and some embassies should be promoted and replicated by member states, and we hope to produce a set of recommendations to that effect.

This conference forms part of the Roma Diplomacy project (see http://www.diplomacy.edu/roma) which aims to train young Roma rights activists as public diplomats with the skills needed to represent their communities.

Please see attached flyer for more information. To register please visit http://www.diplomacy.edu/roma/conference.asp or contact [log in to unmask] or the European Roma Information Office at the numbers below.

Please accept our apologies in the case of double posting.

Valeriu Nicolae Project Manager

Mob +32 476538194

Miguel Benito
Högskolan i Borås