To IOBB Members and IOBB News Readers
The announcement of new officers for the Executive Committee and
National Representatives for 2007-2008 will be made on 09 Dec 2006.
They will take official responsibility from 01 Jan 2007.
The list of nominees for the Exe Com and NRs is available in
and messages related to the Call for Objections were posted on 02 Dec
to http://segate.sunet.se/archives/et-w5.html . If you have any
objections to any of the nominees, please make sure that you send your
message to [log in to unmask] asap or before 8th of Dec.
Between 09 Dec and 31 Dec, the current IOBB officers and NRs will
conclude all unfinished tasks so that the new officers and NRs can
have a clean start. You can anticipate a quiet December but IOBB
already has a list of activities for 2007.
(1) 4-8 Feb 2007: International Conference on Renewable Energy for
Sustainable Development in the Asia Pacific Region, Murdoch,
There will be a session by the IOBB Working Group on Bioenergy
(2) 08 - 12 July 2007: IOBB-EFB Biotechnology & Bioengineering Course
(Iguazu, Paraguay) http://www.iobbnet.org/1st-ann-programme2007+.doc
(training course in cooperation with the European Federation of Biotechnology)
(3) E-seminar on Deleterious and Beneficial Biofilms Contact Person:
Alex Sivan (IL)
(4) E-seminar on Bioremediation of Polluted soils in petrochemical
sites Contact Person: Behzad Shahmorady (IN)
(5) E-seminar on Environmentally Sound Technologies - Too little, Too
late and Too inadequate Contact Person: Jagannath Venkataramaih (IN)
(6) E-seminar on "The Role and Application of Microorganisms in
Sustainable Aquaculture" Contact Person: Mr. Li Kangmin & Mr. Xie Jun
(7) E-seminar on History of IOBB. Contact person: Horst Doelle (AU)
and Jacky Foo (SE)
as well as active working groups to plan for e.g.
(i) IOBB 1st International Conference on Technologies and Strategic
Management of Sustainable Biosystems, 6-9th July 2008. Australia
(ii) IOBB Newsletters
(iii) and more.
So keep in touch
(i) as a subscriber via http://segate.sunet.se/archives/et-w5.html
(ii) check IOBB's webforum at www.iobbnet.org/drupal to join
discussion groups and special activities.