Help for EVN-NREN Archives

EVN-NREN Archives

Subject: Re: evlbi science run on 16-3-6
From: Arpad Szomoru <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:36:06 +0100

Last Thursday, 16-3-6, the first open call science evlbi observing run was
done.

Participating telescopes were Wb, Cm, Jb, On, Tr and Mc, data rate was
128Mbps. The plan was to do a quick setup in the morning (starting at
9UT), find the clocks and change to the science schedule asap.

Unfortunately, most of the run was lost because of various problems. We
think we now understand what caused one of these problems, but there
still remain some issues. Next week we will test the same setup, without
telescopes but with "real" formatter data.

On the positive side, first ever real-time fringes from Medicina were
obtained at 128Mbps, and there were no problems at all with connectivity;
on the connections monitored by Geant not a packet was lost.

Regards, Arpad