Help for KTH-EKOT Archives

KTH-EKOT Archives

Subject: Learning outcomes and quality assurance in higher education
From: Olle Blomqvist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:28:29 +0200

Learning outcomes and quality assurance in higher education. Professor Anthonie Meijers, Delft University of Technology, är gästföreläsare på KTH vid Fakultetens kvalitetsseminarium torsdagen den 20 april 2006 kl. 13.15 - 14.45 i Sal Q2, Osquldas väg 10

"In my presentation I will discuss a method for setting learning outcomes on the level of bachelor and master curricula at universities, using a set of criteria for academic education
developed in The Netherlands. This approach was recently acknowledged by CESAER (the network of technical universities in Europe) as one of the promising ways to go, now that the
paradigm in education has changed from the educational process to learning outcomes. Setting learning outcomes is the beginning of an output oriented quality control process. The
next question then is: how do we evaluate our educational programs in terms of these learning outcomes? In my presentation I will sketch two approaches designed to answer this question
in a quantifiable way and which are actually put into practice in pilot projects at Eindhoven University of Technology, "Anthonie Meijers declares.
Literature: Criteria for Academic Bachelor's and Master's Curricula: http://w3.tm.tue.nl/en/capaciteitsgroepen/av/platform_academic_education/projects/criteria_for_academic_curricula/

Anthonie Meijers is professor of Philosophy, in particular the intentional and social aspects of artifacts of Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management at Delft University of Technology.
At Eindhoven University of Technology Anthonie Meijers chairs a university wide committee on academic education. This committee currently evaluates all the educational programmes of
the University.

Detta seminarium är det sjunde av Fakultetens kvalitetsseminarier under läsåret 2005--06. I linje med Fakultetsnämndens nya roll som extra pådrivande i KTHs kvalitetsarbete, avser seminarierna att stimulera till debatt och samtal om aktuella frågor om kvalitet i forskning, utbildning och övriga verksamheter. Seminarierna är öppna för studenter och anställda vid KTH.
Synpunkter lämnas till Fakultetens dekanus Folke Snickars, [log in to unmask] eller till Per Jacobsson, Fakultetens kansli, [log in to unmask]