Endangered Species Research

Godley-ESR <[log in to unmask]>

Scientific forum on fish and fisheries <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 May 2006 19:18:02 +0100

text/plain

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
If you reply to this message, it will go to all FISH-SCI members.
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

Dear Fisheries List Members

Apologies for the cross-posting but I thought members would be interested in the new publications in the conservation journal Endangered Species Research (ESR) a new sister journal to Marine Ecology Progress Series (MEPS) <http://www.int-res.com/journals/esr/esr-home/>:

Frias-Torres (2006)

Endangered Species Research Number 1: Habitat use of juvenile goliath grouper Epinephelus itajara in the Florida Keys, USA

Eguchi T, Seminoff JA, Garner SA, Alexander-Garner J, Dutton PH (2006)
Endangered Species Research Number 2: Flipper tagging with archival data recorders for short-term assessment of diving in nesting female turtles

McGowan A, Broderick AC, Gore S, Hilton G, Woodfield NK, Godley BJ (2006)
Endangered Species Research Number 3: Breeding seabirds in the British Virgin Islands.

These articles and all other ESR material can be downloaded free of charge at the journal website http://www.int-res.com/journals/esr/contents/

As well as being interested in individual species of conservation concern, we are keen to focus on is fisheries bycatch (indeed it is one of our key cross-cutting issues) and other conservation issues related to fisheries and would welcome relevant submissions in this regard.

Additional journal information:

We are a relatively new journal but growing fast with 10 original articles under review/production including manuscripts on molluscs, cetaceans, otters, seabirds and turtles. We welcome submissions on all taxa and ecosystems of conservation concern in terrestrial, freshwater and marine realm. Our reviewing is very fast; with prompt action on your behalf you can expect submission to publication within 6 months. All papers are published online within days of final completion and we can already boast an average download rate of more than 100 per article per month. Submissions should be via the Managing Editor Penny Khun at [log in to unmask] or please contact me if you would like to discuss.

Perhaps all you want to know is what is published in ESR. If you would like to receive additional updates about contents to ESR you can subscribe for e-mail updates by sending a message to: [log in to unmask] containing the text "SUBSCRIBE esr-contents"

Best

Dr. Brendan J. Godley
Lecturer in Conservation Biology
Centre for Ecology & Conservation
University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus
UK

Editor-in-Chief, Endangered Species Research
   <http://www.int-res.com/journals/esr/>
Homepage
   <http://www.seaturtle.org/mtrg/>

       To leave the Fish-Sci list, Send blank message to:
        mailto:[log in to unmask]
 For information send INFO FISH-SCI to [log in to unmask]