Subject: Introducing Project FishTalk
From: Mike Flaherty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 15 May 2006 19:16:39 -0400

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
If you reply to this message, it will go to all FISH-SCI members.
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

Friends & Colleagues,

Project FishTalk is an archival service devoted to providing advocacy-neutral information on how fisheries are managed in New England. The goal of the project is to provide a comprehensive repository of information that any individual or organization may access in order to become better informed.

This is done by "encapsulating" each meeting of the New England Fisheries Management Council (NEFMC) into a format that we hope users will find as user-friendly and easy to access. All materials from each Council meeting are accessible from a single page.  Also, all of the audio has been split up into 5-minute consecutive clips that you can listen to individually or as an uninterrupted series. There are even links provided with each audio clip describing how to easily share a clip of interest with colleagues and friends.

In short, the project strives to reduce the large amounts of Council testimony, and supporting documents, into manageable pieces of information that individuals and organizations can use to share with their peers - whoever that may be.

For more information, please visit www.fishtalk.org.  To test whether or not your computer is capable of using FishTalk, or to just listen to a sample of some of the diverse testimony available, then click the following link.  It is an excerpt of the February 1, 2006 NEFMC meeting.

http://www.fishtalk.org/rc/nefmc/full_council/capsule/20060131/audio/20060201/t6/s3.m3u

Sincerely,
Michael S. Flaherty
(617) 729-3232

       To leave the Fish-Sci list, Send blank message to:
        mailto:[log in to unmask]
 For information send INFO FISH-SCI to [log in to unmask]