Subject: job postings
From: Ryan Woodland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:54:07 -0400

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
If you reply to this message, it will go to all FISH-SCI members.
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

All,

I appologize for any cross-posting, but these positions may be of
interest to this group.

Cheers,
Ryan

Chesapeake Biological Laboratory
Multiple tenure-track faculty positions
Ecology, Environmental Chemistry, Fisheries Science

Target date for receipt of applications: September 29, 2006

To support our growing multi-disciplinary research programs focused on
environmental issues of international concern and relevance to the
Chesapeake Bay ecosystem, we invite applications for several
tenure-track faculty positions to enhance our environmental research
and teaching programs and contribute to our strategic directions. We
particularly seek scientists with interdisciplinary interests in
environmental research, graduate level training, and in scientific
integration and application. Successful candidates should complement
faculty strengths in fisheries science, ecosystem studies, and
environmental chemistry (http://www.cbl.umces.edu), and are expected
to teach graduate level courses within the Marine Estuarine and
Environmental Sciences Graduate Program (http://www.mees.umd.edu/).
Preference given to junior faculty hires, but outstanding senior
scientists with interests in programmatic development will also be
considered.

Candidates

  with expertise in the following research areas are of particular interest:

- Stable isotopic tracers of coastal ecosystem processes
- Aquatic ecosystem dynamics or food web analysis
- Climate impacts on ecosystem function, resilience, and restoration
- Higher trophic interactions

Our location on the Chesapeake Bay provides substantial opportunity
for research emphasizing land-sea connectivity, estuarine processes,
and coastal ocean ecosystems. The UMCES fleet is based at CBL with a
new 75-ft vessel under construction.

Application process: Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Applicants should send: 1) a cover letter including the names of three
persons who have been asked to send letters of reference by September
29; 2) a curriculum vitae; 3) a statement of research and teaching
experience and interests; and 4) electronic (pdf) files of up to five
reprints. All materials should be addressed to Dr. Margaret A. Palmer,
Director, Chesapeake Biological Laboratory, and sent to:

Salary and benefits are competitive and dependent upon qualifications.
Ph.D. is required of successful candidate at time of appointmen,t and
postdoctoral experience is preferred. He/she must be able to generate
external research funding, and participate in graduate teaching and
training. UMCES is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage women and
minorities to apply.

--
Ryan J Woodland
Graduate Research Assistant

       To leave the Fish-Sci list, Send blank message to:
        mailto:[log in to unmask]
Vacation? send SET FISH-SCI NOMAIL to [log in to unmask]