Subject: Job opening Eurofish
From: Gilles van de Walle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:17:58 +0000

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
If you reply to this message, it will go to all FISH-SCI members.
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

Hello All,
please find below a job opening that might be of interest to some of you,
All the best
Gilles

Post Title: 		Project Manager - Full time position
Professional Area: 	Fisheries and Aquaculture, post-harvest aspects
Level: 		Professional or Senior Professional
Duration:		One year (renewable) Ė starting 1 September 2007
Duty Station:		Copenhagen, Denmark

Job Description:
The successful candidate for the project manager post is expected to have a
demonstrated interest in the fisheries and aquaculture sector with a
specific focus on post harvest aspects. The project manager will be
responsible for acquiring, preparing, managing and executing projects, as
part of a project team of 3 people.
Eurofish project activities include training, workshops, production of
reports, studies and other information material, organisation of conferences
as well as participation in project consortia (funded by the EU or other
bodies).
The project activities are related to food safety (quality assurance, HACCP,
traceability), trade and market issues, aquaculture or other industry
topics.
The target countries for Eurofish project activities are the member
countries of Eurofish and other countries in Central and Eastern Europe.

Tasks:
1.	To lead or assist in the preparation, execution, monitoring and reporting
of project activities
2.	To identify project opportunities through international tenders and
through bilateral contacts
3.	To be available to supervise the work of other staff
4.	To maintain and update information on Eurofish project activities
5.	To contribute to the EUROFISH Magazine (bi-monthly), to make
presentations at meetings, workshops etc.
6.	To participate in other duties in Eurofish as required

Qualifications & Experience:
&#61485;	University degree in Fisheries/Aquaculture, Economics, Business
Administration, Marine Biology or a relevant subject.
&#61485;	5 to 10 years of relevant work experience, including international
working experience
&#61485;	Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a
team
&#61485;	Good organizational skills, inter-personal abilities, and proven
report writing capability
&#61485;	Fluency in English. Demonstrable knowledge of other European
languages is a distinct advantage
&#61485;	Good computer skills (MS Office applications, database, internet,
e-mail communication)

Eurofish offers:
Posting at the Professional or Senior Professional level at a monthly net
salary in the range of Ä 3,500 - 4,600, depending on qualifications and
experience of the candidate. Salary is exempt from Danish income tax with
annual seniority and cost of living increases and a pension scheme.

Applications (detailed CV and accompanying letter) in English, should be
sent by Thursday 28 June 2007 by e-mail to: [log in to unmask]

For further information you are welcome to contact Mr. Victor Hjort,
Director, or Gilles van de Walle, Project Manager, on +45 333 777 55 or
Receipt of applications will be confirmed, but only candidates short-listed
for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place 16-17 July.
Due to the many applications that we receive we kindly ask you to not
contact us if you havenít heard from us before 16 July.

Eurofish is an intergovernmental organisation established in 2002,
succeeding the United Nationsí Food and Agriculture Organisationís regional
FAO Eastfish project. The mandate of Eurofish is to assist the development
of fisheries in Central and Eastern Europe focusing on trade and marketing,
processing, and aquaculture. The Member Countries of Eurofish are Albania,
Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway,
Romania, Spain and Turkey. Please visit our website for more information:
www.eurofish.dk. Eurofish offers a smoke-free and multi-cultural work
environment.

The next generation of Hotmail is here! http://www.newhotmail.co.uk/

To leave the Fish-Sci list, Send the message "SIGNOFF FISH-SCI" to:
        mailto:[log in to unmask]
For information send INFO FISH-SCI to [log in to unmask]