Subject: Address problems
From: Bill Silvert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:36:07 +0100

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
If you reply to this message, it will go to all FISH-SCI members.
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

List members, the FISH-SCI list is not moderated, and any subscriber can
post to the list. Messages which are not from known subscriber addresses are
bounced to the list owners for approval. Most of these are spam, some are
legitimate conference announcements from institutional addresses, but more
and more of the bounces are from subscribers whose addresses are not
recognisable. This usually happens because the messages they receive are
forwarded from an old address -- for example, I may subscribe as
[log in to unmask] and the university changes my address to
[log in to unmask], or a subscriber moves to a new institution and has
mail forwarded.

If your address has changed, please subscribe at the new address and have
the old address removed (we can do this for you if you cannot send mail from
the old address). This makes life easier for us and speeds up your posts.

If your messages do get bounced to us we cannot guarantee that we will spot
and approve them. Almost all the bounces are spam and we delete them with a
heavy fist (or three heavy fists to be precise).

About language: in the past we have been asked whether all posts need to be
in English, and our position has been that since this is an international
list we do not prohibit posts in other languages, so long as they are really
international in scope. We have for example accepted posts in Spanish.
However we are receiving a large number of inappropriate submissions in
Spanish, so if you post in Spanish and it comes to us for approval, it will
almost certainly be rejected unread even though it may be entirely
legitimate. Sorry, somos solamente humanos.

To subscribe to the Fish-Sci list, Send the message
SUBSCRIBE FISH-SCI firstname lastname
to [log in to unmask]
For more information send
INFO FISH-SCI
to [log in to unmask]

William Silvert, List co-owner

To leave the Fish-Sci list, Send the message "SIGNOFF FISH-SCI" to:
        mailto:[log in to unmask]
      Need help? Contact  [log in to unmask]