Re: circle hooks

"Pol, Mike (FWE)" <[log in to unmask]>

Scientific forum on fish and fisheries <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:11:30 -0500

text/plain

JP:

I don't know if this will help you, but you can view a two page pamphlet produced for the recreational fishing community by my agency at http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dmf/publications/circle_hooks_www_v2_111506.pdf.

I would be interested in hearing more about why you say that circle hooks may not be a good alternative or worse in the end. My sense is that circle hooks are frequently found to be an improvement.

Regards,

Mike Pol

Michael Pol
Sr. Marine Fisheries Biologist