Subject: Re: Courses on larval identification?
From: "John E. Olney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:27:58 -0500

Bill - Dr. Ed Houde and I offer a graduate-level summer course each
year on this topic. Please see the course web site:
http://web.vims.edu/adv/657/

In the lab, we present examples of larvae of 180+ families of fishes
from the world's oceans. The collection represents approximately 70%
of all teleostean families known to have pelagic larvae. The teaching
collection includes many families in the North Atlantic.

John

At 08:11 AM 12/4/2008, Bill Silvert wrote:
>I have been asked for information on courses dealing with the
>identification of fish larvae, and have no suggestions. Does anyone
>on the list know of such courses?
>
>Courses dealing with species in the north Atlantic would be most
>relevant, but courses anywhere would be of interest.
>
>Bill Silvert

John E. Olney
Professor and Chair, Department of Fisheries Science
Virginia Institute of Marine Science
College of William and Mary
PO Box 1346
Route 1208 Greate Road