Subject: Call for Symposia for 2009 AFS mtg in Nashville
From: "M. Bevelhimer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:52:21 -0500

The backbone of any scientific conference is the quality of the papers that
are presented.  The local arrangements committees for the 2009 American
Fisheries Society meeting (Aug 28 - Sep 3, 2009) in Nashville, Tennessee,
have been working hard to put together what promises to be a very enjoyable
meeting, and now we need the scientists to do their part.  Abstracts for
'contributed' papers can be submitted from now until Feb. 6 through the AFS
website (www.fisheries.org).  Proposals for symposia must be submitted by
January 9, 2009, to the symposia coordinator (that's me!).  Abstracts for
individual symposia presentations will be accepted from Feb 7 - Mar 6.

As the symposia coordinator, I encourage you to take a few minutes to
seriously consider putting together a symposium for the meeting.  It takes
some work, but the benefits to yourself and the profession are well worth
it.  Instructions for submitting a symposium proposal can be found at the
AFS website and in Fisheries magazine.  Please email or call me if you have
any questions, and drop me a note if you are planning to submit a proposal
and I haven't already heard from you.

Sincerely,
Mark Bevelhimer
Oak Ridge National Laboratory