Subject: Re: Cardinal fish Identification and old names
From: "Reyes, Rodolfo (WorldFish)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:01:03 +0800

Hi Josie,

You can check the status of your apogonid names in FishBase. In both the online and the DVD versions, when you punch in a synonym you are directed to the current valid name. If you give a mispelled name, you are presented a list of possible matches and directed to the current valid name. You can view synonyms of valid names and drill down the reference used and the references that use them (synonyms or misspelled names) if you need to.

I hope this helps.

Rudy Reyes