Subject: Re: re TL to FL conversion
From: "Thorpe, Teresa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:20:34 -0500

Thankyou very much for the link Marty.  I found a conversion factor on the noaa site, in case anyone else was interested I have posted the information here -

TL = 1.18 * FL -23.34
(n=538, r2=0.99).

Citation
L. A. Lombardi-Carlson. 2007. Life history traits of bonnethead sharks, Sphyrna tiburo, from the eastern Gulf of Mexico. NOAA, Panama City, FL 32408. SEDAR 13-DW-24-V3. 7pp.

Thanks again
Teresa