Re: Impacts of divers

Adam Payne <[log in to unmask]>

Scientific forum on fish and fisheries <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:58:58 +0000

text/plain

I work on Environmental Impact Assessment, especially with regards to fish ecology. I have never come across this before.

We work a lot on the hearing capabilities of fish and impacts of noise. Generally salmonids are not as sensitive to noise as Clupeids. If they are not normally disturbed by boat noise or other noise impacts, I doubt divers will be of any concern in that regard.

As for a visual impact I think that is covered by the previous response.

It sounds like someone is taking concerns on environmental impacts a little too far...

Dr Adam Payne
Consultant
EPD Marine Oil & Gas

ERM