Subject: AMS Conservation Committee Imperiled Species News- 2012 Annual Review
From: Jay R Cordeiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Jul 2013 23:17:21 +0000

Greetings fellow listserv members and non-members.

As part of an ongoing series of installments posted quarterly on current and proposed federal legislation and regulations regarding mollusks, I am posting this 2012 year-end summary. This installment summarizes all legislative actions taken in 2012 by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) and National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) on conservation of marine, freshwater, and terrestrial mollusks as they are applied by the U.S. Endangered Species Act (ESA) and other relevant legislation.

Most listserv requirements do not allow for lengthy posts so I am posting these installments as pdf attachments.  I am aware that attachments are also sometimes not allowed on listservs so digital copies of each installment are available directly on the American Malacological Society conservation web page http://www.malacological.org/conservation.html via the AMS Conservation Committee Imperiled Species Newsletter link. AMS membership is not required to view each post.  If you are unable to view this attachment or have difficulties accessing the online site, you may also contact me directly for a copy.

As with previous posts, please note that the opinions contained in each installment are strictly my own as is my interpretation of the legislative actions described and not necessarily those endorsed by the American Malacological Society.  It is my hope that you will take this opportunity to play an active role in molluscan conservation through awareness and public comment on proposed legislation within each comment period deadline.

Thanks.

Jay Cordeiro
AMS Conservation Committee Chair
Northeast Natural History & Supply