Subject: Job Opportunity in the Falkland Islands - Stock Assessment Scientist
From: Paul Brickle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:33:43 +0000

Dear All,
I would be grateful if you would circulate this as widely as possible.
Best, Paul.

FALKLAND ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
FISHERIES STOCK ASSESSMENT SCIENTIST

33,003 - 40,768 per annum + 25% Gratuity / 2 year contract / Relocation grant

The Fisheries Department of the Falkland Islands Government invites applications for the post of Fisheries Stock Assessment Scientist. The contract is initially for two years with the possibility of extension by mutual agreement. Candidates should have the ability to apply standard fish stock assessment techniques and develop new approaches for fishery management on the basis of the assessments. The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to the scientific work of the department. Candidates should be capable of working as part of a small, dedicated team and be prepared to fill a flexible role.

Candidates should ideally be qualified to PhD level in appropriate fisheries, mathematical or biological discipline with at least two years' experience in fisheries stock assessment or other relevant discipline, such as population dynamics. A high level of competence with computers and modern statistical methods is essential. The salary level will depend on the candidate's experience and qualifications.

The contract package includes:
* Fares to and from the Falklands at the beginning and end of contract
* Mid-contract leave (30 working days) with return passage fares
* End of contract gratuity of 25% of total salary
* Generous relocation grant
* Education allowance for children, if applicable

For further information, a full job description and an application form please contact:
Recruitment Officer, Falkland Islands Government Office,
Falkland House, 14 Broadway,
Westminster, London SW1H 0BH
Tel: 020 7222 2542 Fax: 020 7222 2375
Email: [log in to unmask]
Completed application forms should be returned to the above address no later than 27 September 2013
www.falklands.gov.fk

Dr Paul Brickle
Director, South Atlantic Environmental Research Institute
Stanley, Falkland Islands.
W: http://www.south-atlantic-research.org/
T:    +500 27374; M: +500 54542