Subject: 2nd Call for Papers: Southern Division AFS Annual Meeting, Charleston, SC January 2014
From: Chris McDonough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:53:04 -0400

2014 SD-AFS Spring Meeting: Second Call for Oral and Poster Presentations.

The South Carolina Chapter of AFS and the Planning Committee for the 2014 Southern Division AFS Meeting invites you to historic Charleston, South Carolina on January 23-26 for the 2014 Southern Division Spring Meeting.  The Planning Committee has been hard at work putting together an exciting program of Workshops, Symposia, and Technical Sessions as well as some great social events.  The meeting will be held at the historic Francis Marion Hotel in the heart of downtown Charleston.  Social events are going to include the student/professional mixer, student/mentor lunch, and a banquet at the South Carolina Aquarium.

This is the second call for submittal of papers and posters for presentation 2014 Southern Division American Fisheries Society Spring Meeting.  The following Symposia have been proposed: Biology of Sturgeon, Reef Fish, Offshore Wind Impacts, Catfish Aging and Growth, and Population Demographics Through Tagging.  If you are interested in submitting a presentation for one of the Symposia you may indicate this with your submission.  We would highly encourage any students interested in presenting their work to submit a presentation as the Spring Meeting is an excellent venue with a broad audience.  For those interested in the Best Student Presentation, there is a separate submittal link below.  The final deadline on submittals will be October 1st.

Submissions for Oral Presentations can be made at: https://afs.confex.com/afs/sb14/oral/papers/index.cgi and must include Author's name(s), Title, Abstract (400 words or less), and the contact information for presenter or lead author.  Final submittal deadline is October 1st, 2013.

Submissions for Oral Presentations for the Best Student Presentation can be made at: https://afs.confex.com/afs/sb14/student/papers/index.cgi.   And must include Author's name(s), Title, Abstract (400 words of less), and the contact information for presenter or lead author.  If a student wishes to submit and not be part of the Best Student Presentations, they may do so under the regular Oral or Poster submittal links. Work in progress can also be submitted and revised before the final submittal deadline (Oct. 1st, 2013).

Submittals for Poster Presentations can be made at: https://afs.confex.com/afs/sb14/poster/papers/index.cgi and must include Author's name(s), Title, Abstract (400 words or less) and the contact information for presenter or lead author.  Size limit on Posters is no larger than 50 in wide by 40 in high. Final submittal deadline is October 1st, 2013.

Registration is not currently up yet, but hotel reservations can now be made. For information and updates, please visit:   http://sdafs.org/meeting2014/

Any questions on about the program may be sent to Chris McDonough (Program Chair) at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

2014 SD-AFS Meeting Program Chair
South Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources
217 Fort Johnson Rd.
Charleston, SC 29412
(843)953-9231 office

                   The FISH-SCI List Archive