Subject: [Job] Job Opening for Coastal Marine Biologist
From: Chris Harrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:56:41 +0000

Position Open Immediately - Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation Contract Position in Coastal Restoration - Coastal Marine Biologist New Orleans, Louisiana
Deadline: COB July 31, 2014

About Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation:
The Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation is a not-for-profit environmental organization and is an equal opportunity employer. LPBF has an immediate contract opening for a coastal scientist at our offices at Pontchartrain Beach Office (2045 Lakeshore Dr., New Orleans, LA.).
The Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation was established in response to environmental concerns voiced throughout the Basin.  As the public's independent voice, Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation (LPBF) is dedicated to restoring and preserving the water quality, coast, and habitats of the entire Pontchartrain Basin.  Through coordination of restoration activities, education, advocacy, monitoring of the regulatory process, applied scientific research, and citizen action, LPBF works in partnership with all segments of the community to reclaim the Basin for this and future generations.  The Lake Pontchartrain Basin is a 10,000 square mile watershed
encompassing 16 Louisiana parishes.   Go to SaveOurlake.org  to learn more.

About the position:
The Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation is seeking to immediately contract a qualified scientist to assistant with the execution of the Coastal Sustainability Program.  The contractual position is expected to require 20
to 40 hours a week and includes some local travel.   The term of the
position is expected to be at least for twelve months, but could be extended pending performance and available funding.
	Applicants should have at least a Master's degree in biology/ marine sciences (ichthyology, estuarine processes, fisheries sciences, water quality monitoring, etc.), and have good technical writing and verbal skills.  Doctorates or doctoral candidates will be strongly considered. GIS skills are desirable also.  Professional experience in coastal science is preferred.  Typical work is biological fish monitoring, fisheries analysis, estuarine cruise management, support of hydrocoast mapping, technical report writing, coastal data analysis, participation in coastal planning meetings, and project management (Visit the SaveOurLake.org Website to learn more of the Coastal Sustainability Program).  Boating skills are desirable. A successful applicant would be reporting to the Director of the Coastal Sustainability Program of the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation.
Candidates should have an ability to handle diverse situations and field work in a highly professional and effective manner.

Applications should include:
*	A letter of introduction
*	Resume
*	Example of past technical writing (just a few pages please)

Compensation:
*	Independent contractor -  $28 to $36/ hour depending on
qualifications

To Apply:
Please email (preferred) application materials to John Lopez at [log in to unmask]  with subject line Coastal application. May be mailed
to LPBF Att: John   PO Box 6965, Metairie, LA 70009-6965

                   The FISH-SCI List Archive